What a busy week! We (or maybe just I) are breathing a sigh of relief around here now that activities of last week are over.
Wednesday was New Beginnings for our ward and although I'm not in YW anymore, I was invited to come talk about personal progress at the meeting. It shouldn't have stressed me out as much as it did because I've done it before, but public speaking is really hard for me. And to make matters worse, our computer would not work at all that day, so I could not reference any of my materials from speaking previous times. (I know, that's what I get for procrastinating!) I kept myself busy during the day Wednesday putting together Valentines for the girls to hand out to their classes, and getting things together for Joyschool at our house Thursday and Friday. I stopped periodically to check if the computer was working, but as it got later in the afternoon, the realization sank in that the computer was not going to work. And panic had set in by the time school was out. I had 6 children (my 4 and 2 boys who come everyday after school until their mom gets off work) to keep tabs on and a talk to write before my husband would get home at 6:30 and I would need to go running out the door to my meeting.
And....to top things off...Emma was not impressed with the Valentines I made for her class. That story is coming later.... Anyway, I am stressed to the max because I cannot speak in front of people without having a very clear outline of what I need to say and I could not get any thoughts down on paper because I kept getting interupted by one child or another tattleing or telling me how hungry they were (and for some reason, they weren't excited about granola bars and fruit snacks for dinner...come on, every other night, they beg for them). So time keeps ticking by until I am on my knees and in tears and seriously considering calling in sick.... Long story short...my testimony of prayer was strengthened that day. I went to my meeting and all went well. I so miss those young women....every one. They are amazing girls and I just love being around them. Traci Kannard planned the meeting around a pirate and treasure theme and it turned out so fun.
.........About Emmas valentines... it was pink playdough cut into hearts and individually bagged, with a scrapbook paper tag; and our conversation about them went like this:
Me, "Look what I made for your Valentines."
Emma, "I can't bring playdough to school."
Me, a little confused wondering if there is a new rule I don't know about, maybe play dough is banned. "Why?"
Emma, "I have to bring candy."
Me, "Why?"
Emma, "Because I want to."
Me, "Well Emma, we are already bringing treats to the party, so I thought it would be fun to bring something different. Besides everyone will be bringing candy and there will be lots."
Emma, "I know... I just want to bring candy."
Whatever....so I decide we will just use the playdough for Joyschool the next day and when I get home from my meeting, I dump out all the hearts and smoosh them back together. I did recycle the tags I made though, I just took them off the bags and punched holes in them and stuck a sucker through them. They certainly weren't the cutest, but she was happy with them.
So, Thursday morning we had joychool at our house. In case you are wondering, several of us moms take turns holding preschool in our homes for our kids. There are normally 5 kids, but our group includes twin boys who happened to be out of town last week. They are all really sweet and it has been a great setup.
Thursday afternoon, I whipped up treats for Grace and Emma's Valentine parties and figured out the next day's joyschool activites. Thursday night Chris was gone coaching.
Friday morning, Chris took off with the basketball team for the weekend, and we had a little joyschool Valentine's party here. As soon as the party was over, I ran treats to the elementary school.
Now that I type all of the events out, it doesn't seem like I was really that busy, but in the midst of it all, it was a little crazy. I promise.....or perhaps my time management skills are lacking. hmmm. could be.





2 comments:
You are so amazing!!! It does seem like a busy week, hopefully this week is slower for ya!
Aw...joy school, I bet that's fun! And Lily looks so cute with her bumblebee bows, I love them! I wonder who made those. ;) J/K. We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment