
My Lily turned four in November, she is a little ray of sunshine and is so happy all of the time. She always tries to be helpful and she is constantly saying and doing things that bring a smile to my face. Here are a few of my favorite Lily moments:

*Last summer, Chris went to go umpire a baseball game in Cowley, when he returned, Lily casually asked him, "Did you get any blood, dad?" Chris looked at her bewildered and said, "no?" It took me a second, then it hit me, she thought he was a vampire!...the funniest thing about it was that she wasn't the least bit concerned that her dad was a vampire, she just wondered if he got any blood.
*My brother and his wife have a baby girl they named Aimee Lynn and shortly after she was born, we were at Chris's parents house and the girls were telling his mom about the baby. Chris's mom asked what they named her and Lily said very matter of factly, "Alien."
*During her dance recital last year, she waved and blew me a kiss. It was so sweet, it made me cry.
*She LOVES babies and is forever watching out for Owen. She makes sure he never has "chokeable things" and promptly brings any "chokeable things" that she finds to me. Although she is the youngest of the girls, I have way better luck leaving her in charge of watching him than I do either of the older ones. She always says, "Do you want me to keep care of him?"
She always holds his hand in the car and has ever since we brought him home from the hospital. The funny thing is Owen hates hand holding and will never let anyone hold his hand....except her.
She was always telling us she was going to marry him, after a lot of dicussion, we convinced her that even though she really loves him, she can't marry her brother....so, we were in Billings the other day and Chris's brother has a little boy the same age as Owen and Lily loves him too. She kisses him and tries to hold his hand and while we were visiting, we overheard Lily telling him she is going to marry him. I guess it's time to have the "who you can marry discussion again."
*Yesterday, she hucked a baseball across the living room. Chris calmy asked her if that was a good choice and she replied without skipping a beat..."But dad, I'm not wearing my CTR ring."
*Every time she says the prayer at mealtime she says, "Bless this wonderful food mommy made."
*Chris left the fireplace doors open a little the other day when he was lighting a fire to give it more air to get started. Lily quickly noticed and prompty went and shut them, telling Chris, "Dad, you shouldn't leave this open, you were almost gonna fire our house down."
*She came home from Joyschool today (3/2/09) and told me the letter of the day was H. And began a list...house, hand, horse, hop, happy and....Bunny!..oops
*The other day, I was snuggling Owen on the couch and Lily was across the room, I smiled, signed "I love you," and raised my eyebrows up and down at her....She did the same back to me, but it took her a lot of concentration to get the eyebrow moves down...It made me laugh, and she asked me what I was laughing at. I told her she was just so cute. She said, "But why are you laughing?"
"Because you're so cute," I said again.
"And I make you happy?" Lily asked
Yes, Lily, you make me happy!!!



2 comments:
Precious!! I LOVE your kids, they make me smile!! Your example of what a mother is and should be also makes me smile!! Thanks!!
I LOVED reading about the little memories of Lily. She is just so cute!! She also holds AimeeLynn's hand when they're in the car together...which reminds me, I'll need to get a picture of that one of these days. You can tell that Lily has SO much LOVE for the people around her. Give her a big hug and kiss for us...and all of the other kiddos too!! Love and miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment