Thursday, February 19, 2009

HELP!!!

UPDATE: I have tried every imaginable stain removal tip (except the lady at the hardware store's suggestion of bleach....seriously?) and I am slowly resigning myself to the fact that I'm just gonna have to wear sunglasses for the next little while so I'm not blinded by the neon light radiating from the center of my living room. It would take every ounce of my patience not to unload my frustration on my oh so sweet children at the moment, but I have a sick baby on my lap reminding me of what really matters. HELP!!! We've just had our first official carpet casualty!!!

We have lived in our house for 2 years and up until now, our carpet has been stain-free. Don't get me wrong, we have had a lot of accidents....frozen costco berries, dr. pepper (a whole can...thank you Owen), strawberries, various candy, even gum....but I have been able to get everything out with hot water and persistance. Yesterday, however, I noticed a faint orange spot right smack dab in the middle of the living room (where no piece of furniture will ever cover it). I vacuumed it first, but it was still there, so I attempted to remove it with hot water...big mistake. The spot grew and turned even a brighter shade of orange! NEON....if you will!!! And it shows no signs of budging despite my vigorous scrubbing. (I know you're not supposed to scrub carpet, but what do you do after you've blotted and blotted to no avial) AHHHH...I am not sure what it is exactly, but my suspicion is that it is valentine's candy...more specifically...fun dip??? You know, with the little stick that you dip into the colored powder. Anyway, I think that is why it got WAY worse when I got it wet because the color in the powder radiated and now I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get this out? If you have any ideas or experience in this area...........please help me out!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We had a ton of fun dip spills on Valentine's Day at the school. You'll have to ask one of the custodians how they got it out. Have you tried to shampoo the carpet?

Sapp Family said...

Our vote is cornstarch! Try that out...cornstarch and water. I'm sorry about the stain, that's a bummer. Let us know how it goes. WE love you!!!

Lindsay said...

I googled it and they suggested SPOT SHOT for Fun Dip candy, should be in the cleanig aisle. Hope it works. Good luck!!