Friday, February 20, 2009

HELP!!!....updated

UPDATE: I have tried every imaginable stain removal tip (except the lady at the hardware store's suggestion of bleach....seriously?) and I am slowly resigning myself to the fact that I'm just gonna have to wear sunglasses for the next little while so I'm not blinded by the neon light radiating from the center of my living room. It would take every ounce of my patience not to unload my frustration on my oh so sweet children at the moment, but I have a sick baby on my lap reminding me of what really matters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

K ~ I am not a good one to give advice, since I do not have a stitch of carpet in my house, besides rugs...but my mom is a maticulous cleaner, and she swears by the cheapest stuff walmart sells, and so far I have had good luck with it on my rugs too...It comes in a plain white spray bottle with purple letters, FOLEX, and like I said it is cheap, so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try if you are headed to walmart anytime soon...Good Luck! Hope your baby feels better fast!

Lundberg Family said...

Bummer....about the carept and sick baby. I am sick of winter and all the crud going around. we have it again too! Maybe you could get a rug to cover it up for awhile....move the furniture...frustrating. I keep wondering how long it will be until we can get new carpet...we have some good stains too!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind I saw your blog on Tashie's and snuck over to take a look. Can't believe you are so good at your food storage!! You inspired me to get moving a little faster!
So here is something maybe you could try? I had pen on my brand new chair. I googled pen remover and everything I read told me to use hand sanitizer. I did and it came right out. Just use a dry rag to rub it around and it came out. Maybe you could try it on a small area to see, it couldn't hurt. Hope something works!!

Sapp Family said...

That's a bummer that the stain didn't come out! I'm sorry. Have you tried using a steam cleaner? Maybe that could help. And I'm also sorry to hear that Owen is sick...you'll have to let us know how his appointment goes today. Oh yeah, we're going to Worland this weekend, so maybe we'll get to see you guys! WE miss you tons and love you lots!!!