So, yesterday, we had our land line and our cable TV shut off. Brave Huh? We've been saying we were going to do it for a long time. We rarely got phone calls on our land line (except from the warranty dept. telling us our vehicle's warranty is expired...what is with that?) And as far as the TV is concerned, I never watch TV. My kids would watch Noggin or Disney every once in a while. If the television was ever on, it was usually Chris watching sports, but some of the commercials were so raunchy and it seemed like my kids had a radar for the bad ones and would stop whatever they were doing and stare open mouthed and wide eyed. So, we decided we weren't really benefiting from it. I never had cable growing up and I turned out normal...more or less. So we took the plunge and had it shut off, I'll let you know how we fare. Until then, if you'd like our cell numbers, leave a comment with your email address and I'll email them to you.
3 comments:
Welcome to the stone age...we've been stuck here all along, and it isn't so bad! I would love your number!
We shut off our landline a few weeks ago. It is nice to not get all the calls requesting money! We ended up getting a cell just for the home for emergencies. But it still saves us close to 40 bucks a month. We lowered our cable and Craig is about to go crazy w/o ESPN. We will see how long it lasts. I am good with it. I don't watch much tv either...
It's funny, 'cuz when I was growing up, we always had cable tv and a landline phone. Now, ever since I've been married to Brad, I've been living in the stone age. I don't think it's that bad at all. In fact, I really like it. None of those nasty/degrading commercials or tv shows. If we really want to watch a tv show, then we just watch it online! It's great! And we rent movies all the time from Redbox. And as far as phones go, we just use our cell phones. Anyway, Brad was way excited when he read your post. We miss you guys!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment