This is my baby brother.
He traveled to Ireland just for fun his senior year. He graduated from high school in May. He is incredibly intelligent.....like genius level smart, he is also super humble. He is smart about computers and philosophy and things I know nothing about. He wrote a peace essay and won first place in the state of Wyoming, he attended a conference in Washington DC with all of the other first place winners from across the country. His essay ended up winning third place in the nation....in the nation! My baby brother wrote an essay that won third place in the entire nation! I think he's pretty amazing, if you'd like to read his winning essay, click the link below, his essay is entitled "Bringing a banana to a gunfight: The Power of Humor and Performative Politics."
http://www.usip.org/education-training/domestic/national-peace-essay-contest-high-school-students/winning-essays
Don't feel bad if you read it and it's way over your head. It was way over mine, but that doesn't stop my heart from swelling because I'm just so dang proud of him. I'd worry about embarrassing him, but I'm pretty certain he doesn't read this blog and that's probably a good thing since I'd likely drive him crazy with my limited vocabulary, run-on sentences and shoddy grammar.
This is Emma at his graduation.
This is his girlfriend Josie. She is beautiful.
We had a little birthday celebration for him before he took off for college.
My kids were stinkers when they were here, we had to have a chat later about appropriate behavior....and I'm betting Bryce and Josie had a chat later about never having children.....
Ava loves my grandma.



3 comments:
What a nice post about Bryce! Thanks for providing the link for his essay. I didn't even know there was one. :) Love you!
I believe we were at this same graduation for my niece...small world. I always jump at the chance to brag about my siblings, so I loved this post.
Wow- I didn't even recognize Bryce. That is so exciting to hear what he's been up to. Love the pictures of Ava and Grandma-so sweet! You write so well, and your family is so beautiful. Wish you lived closer so we could together!
Post a Comment