Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Morning

I had envisioned coming away from Christmas morning with some great shots that would convey the excitement and sheer joy that spills out of our crowd of littles on Christmas morning. Looking back I was expecting a little too much given my lackluster photography skills and the fact that I was shooting pictures between baking cinnamon rolls and struggling with plastic zip ties while prying toys from their torturous over-packaging.....all while still trying to enjoy the moment. I wish I had more pictures and better pictures, but I'm thankful for the ones I did get.

Owen was certain Santa was bringing him a chainsaw and Santa didn't disappoint.

He was ecstatic and promptly ran to grab some "wood" to saw (a piece of trim from the never ending basement project).
Ava was in awe of all of the commotion.


My Christmas present to myself was dressing Ava in this little skirt so I could see her sweet baby legs all day, her little tummy peeking out under her shirt was a bonus.

She adores my mom.
For some reason she loves to dump the movies out of these baskets and sit inside them.
My dad gave Owen a tool bench and tools for Christmas. He loves them, but he loves his bampa even more.

Emma playing a new Leapster game. She loves those holey pants and is a little dismayed that I won't let her wear them to school.
Grace stamping.
I didn't get a single picture of Lily on Christmas day on my camera. I'm not sure how I missed her. The good news is the girls all got digital cameras for Christmas and I haven't downloaded the pictures they took yet, maybe I find some gems on them.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love seeing pictures of your cute little family. And yes. I too love Ava's chubby baby legs!

Sapp Family said...

It looks like your kids had fun Christmas morning! And I love all the pictures...especially the ones of Ava! Love you guys!

Jenni said...

It will be fun to see the picts that your kiddos took. Looks like you had a great Christmas!