Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pre-Christmas

Before I post pics from Christmas at our house, I'd better document some of our pre-Christmas happenings before they're forgotten.
We did a little countdown to Christmas with all of our children's Christmas books this year (I had to borrow some from my mom in order to have enough)...anyway, we wrapped each one and numbered them to 24. We opened a book each night and read it before bed. The kids LOVED it, some nights we we're busy and missed, but we'd just catch up the following night and open two.
The picture below is from the night we read "The Night Before Christmas," and followed it up with the video.

We had a snow day complete with movies snuggled on the couch and some crazy huge snowflakes that looked like snowballs falling from the sky.



We decorated gingerbread houses.






 There were concerts...

 ....and children nestled snug in their beds, still fully clothed because December is sometimes exhausting and pajamas become optional.

No comments: