If there was an overriding theme for the year of 2010, it would have been the year of the baby because my sister and her husband also welcomed a baby boy into the world, Onyx Michael Miller was born July 17th. I witnessed his arrival into this world and was able to document it with pictures. The miracle of birth never ceases to amaze me.
I spent the week prior to his arrival in Casper with my mom and sister. Grace and Ava came along too. Chris was sweet enough to hold things together on the home front with the other 3 kids (I should note that he had some help from his sister, Traci). It was such an awesome week, aside from occasionally feeling guilty that I was shirking my motherly responsibilities, it was quite a reprieve. There was lots of quiet time, I even snuck in a few naps while I was there and that never happens at home. Ava cut her first tooth that week too.
Here are a few pics we took while we were waiting for Onyx to come....
We went to a parade the first day we were in Casper, before Chris headed back home.
Owen was mesmerized.
....so was Ava
This fire truck had a rotating sprayer on the front that drenched the kids.
Grace was one of those drenched kids.
Leon rescued this kitten off a skid at work while we were there. (Don't ask me what a skid is, the only reason I even remember what it's called is because that became the kitten's name.)
He was really little and oh so cute
......and he had to be fed from a bottle.
Ava loved him.
Isn't my sister the cutest? She had a teeny little round tummy. She did pregnant a little more gracefully than I do. I do pregnant the gain 50 pounds, swell up like a blimp every single time way....not the least bit graceful.


1 comment:
Ramie...I totally know how you feel. With Hyrum I gained 49 lbs and had some pretty swollen feet the last month!
This was such a cute post about Onyx! I love all the pictures! :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment