Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Road Tripping (part b)

We started day 4 at the Snowbird Resort,
where we rode a lift to the tippy top of the mountains. It was way out of my comfort zone. I don't do heights.
Our kids had no problem with the height of things.
Once we were off the lift, I was counting down until the next ride back down. I was so scared of losing someone over the edge. The pictures really don't do it justice. The view was beautiful, but the drop-offs were steep and I happen to have a vivid imagination and could see us losing a child or two off the edge of the mountain.

We wrapped up day four at the Aquarium.




We began day five with a quick stroll around Temple Square.



Does Chris look grouchy?....he really wasn't, not yet anyway......He was, however, quite grouchy when we got back to the van and the meter patrol was writing us a ticket for our expired parking meter. Yeah, he wasn't too happy about that one considering I was the one that fed the meter and I was also the one who dawdled and didn't watch the time. In my defense, it was barely expired, like less than five minutes expired, but the meter lady had no mercy.


After Temple Square, we spent several hours at "This is the Place" monument and Heritage Village. Our first stop at Heritage Village was this little cabin where we played pioneer games. Emma took a hard lesson here when she forgot her purse on the table at this cabin. We went back to get it, but it had been taken. We checked with management and called several times in the following days before we headed home, we even stopped by on our way out of town, but no one turned it in. Emma was pretty sad since it had her digital camera, video camera, money, library books and even the new earrings she had just bought in it.
Aside from the purse drama, we loved Heritage Park. There were lots of unique activities there.






















Ava loved riding these horses, she was all smiles until it was time to get off.








The girls panned for gold in this little stream, and later traded it in for candy at the "bank."


The view riding this little train was incredible. You could see the entire Salt Lake valley.

The girls learned a few songs and performed them for us.
We went for a late lunch at the Lion House after Heritage Park, and then we were off to the Children's Museum.








Day six began with a tour of the Tracy Aviary.



Following the tour of the aviary, we headed to the Clark Planetarium for some 3D movie fun.
Following the movie, we drove south to Thanksgiving Point to visit the Dinosaur Museum. I'm not sure why, but I didn't take a single picture there. After the museum, we visited the gardens and the littles played and played in the water and the bush mazes.



Emma wanted me to take her picture. I was more than happy too! I usually don't have very cooperative subjects.














Owen was intrigued by these water sprayers. He'd wait and wait for them to spray and then finally when he'd about given up they'd shoot up water.



This was a tunnel leading to a "bear cave." It was really dark and you couldn't see the end from the beginning so Grace took my phone to use as a flashlight.

Day seven we bounced back to Lagoon. This was the only picture I took because by then my parents had headed home, so it took all my hands and all my attention just to keep track of O.
It was time to head for home on Day 8, but before we hit the road, we played for a while at the children's museum.






1 comment:

Sapp Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! That's a bummer about Emma's purse though. The feeling of losing something and knowing that someone else is wrongfully enjoying it is such a bummer feeling. And I also love all the family pictures your parents captured while they were with you guys...you're family is so beautiful! Love you!