It began on Friday (November 5th, I am sooo behind on blogging) with a trip to Billings where she got her ears pierced, she was beyond thrilled. We visited grandma Carla, Aunt Traci, and the temple too and we ate lots and lots of pizza.
Grace entertained us with these glasses and a fancy dance while we waited for Lil's turn in the hot seat.
She was a wee bit nervous when it was "go time."
But she was all smiles when it was over and she swore it didn't hurt a bit....
She learned how to clean them....and I learned that my camera hates fluorescent lights, actually, I already knew that and if I were smarter I'd figure out a setting to fix the problem (I've tried setting the white balance to fluorescent lighting, but the color is still way off. ugh! so annoying).
Saturday, her Nana, grandpa, aunties, uncles and cousins came a played the whole day....Actually, the girls played, the boys worked in the basement. We had homemade chicken and noodles for lunch and roast for dinner, two of Lily's favorites. Lily requested cupcakes (in spite of me offering donuts, or pie, or cookies), which I dutifully made, and true to form, after we serenaded her with the birthday song, she looked at me and asked if she had to eat them or if she could just have ice cream.
Since we almost share a birthday, we shared the party that night. Lily with her cupcakes and me with my peach cobbler.
She was just a little bit excited.
(Thanks for taking pics Mary Ann, you're the greatest.)
Check out Emma trying to steal our moment and blow out our candles. stinker.
Tuesday was her real birthday. She brought treats to school for her class and she requested chocolate chip cookies for her family party that night. Grace made them for her since they are her specialty.
Wednesday she had a friend party with a few of her besties. It was her first friend party and she loved every minute of it. I didn't get everyone together for a group shot, but we did take little individual ones that I printed for a little project they did while they were here.
Friday, Mikala came and brought her some fabulous new boots and an adorable puffy vest. She stayed the night and spent Saturday playing games with the girls. They were in heaven.
...and that's a wrap. Whew!




2 comments:
Have I told you lately that I just love your adorable family!! How precious they are!
Your family is so beautiful! Looks like you had a lot of Birthday fun...
Post a Comment