I'm feeling lucky. Yesterday was my birthday (today is Lily's).
I didn't go on a romantic date with my husband, and there were no flower deliveries. Life isn't perfect. My house isn't clean and the laundry is once again piled high, but I'm feeling lucky nonetheless.
My family came on Saturday, all of them, except my baby brother, he's in Tulsa. The menfolk worked tirelessly in our basement installing baseboard and trim, only stopping for meals. We women cooked, played with the kiddies and kissed on the babies. It was a beautiful day and a birthday wish granted.
We work along little by little in our basement, but time and budget constraints hinder progress. Saturday was just the boost we needed to get the ball rolling again. We're so close to having it finished. Just a few more pieces of trim, the carpet roll is waiting in the garage and maybe, just maybe, we will have a bedroom for everyone....which hasn't happened in about 8 years. Truth be told though, even if we all have our own bedrooms, I have a sneaky suspicion we'll still have at least 2, if not 3, of the littlest littles still piling in our bed at night because that's just how we roll at this house.
I'd have to say the icing on my birthday cake would have to be my hubby taking on puke duties last night while I slept soundly. Owen started spewing about midnight, but Chris totally took over and held the bucket for him and rubbed his little back and snuggled him up tight. And all the while I slept soundly knowing that I didn't have to worry about my sick baby boy because he has a daddy who doesn't mind puke duty and clean-up and snuggling sick little bodies while breathing in their little germs and knowing full well that it's only a matter of time until you'll take your turn puking. Because there really is no way to keep a safe distance and still hold those babies tight enough that they know you love 'em when they're feeling under the weather.
And since every post needs pictures....
Here is another reason why I'm lucky....
Creamy Italian Chicken
4 months ago


2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you! Love reading your blog(you are a very good writer) and love seeing pictures of you and your beautiful family. Hope Owen is feeling better. Love ya all!
Ramie...you are so lucky to have such a beautiful family! AND to have us as your family members too. J/K. ;) I hope that you and Lily had wonderful birthday's! Let us know if you need anything! We love you guys...give your kiddos kisses for us!! Especially Ava!!!
Post a Comment