Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Before we decorated the aforementioned tree...

We took a trip to the mountain to cut it. It was Black Friday.
The snow was deep, way deep. Lily wasn't wearing snow pants, so she only stepped out long enough for the snow to spill over the tops of her boots. Grace and Emma were superstars and traipsed all through the sometimes waist deep snow with infectious smiles. Ava and I waited in the truck and took pictures through the truck windows.






I admired the sunset on the way down the mountain. I've been trying to point out the beauty in nature to my littles, and was hoping my enthusiasm would spread to the backseat.  

Chris admired the wildlife on the way down the mountain. He pulled over and insisted that I snap a pic of this buck even though I had to zoom way in because it was almost at the tippy-top of the runaway truck ramp.....and for the record, if there had been a competition in the "spreading enthusiasm to the backseat department," I believe Chris would have won, particularly with Owen since O insisted on keeping his window rolled down and would emphatically yell "reindeer" everytime he spotted a deer. No one yelled about my sunset. 

No comments: