Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dear Emma,

You went ahead and turned eight, totally without permission and well before I was ready. You wanted to be baptized on your birthday, and even though the day was already jam-packed, with the help of some of your family and friends (who love you like crazy), we pulled it off and you had a beautiful late-night baptism. The day felt rushed and hectic at moments, but I hope you remember the sweet parts, like Grace's closing prayer and the only quiet moment of the day when it was just me and you in the dressing room and I hugged you close and told you I loved you and I was so proud of you. I do love you, even more than you can comprehend right now in your life and I'm so proud of who you are and that I have the privilege of being your mama.
I'll admit that as I sifted through pictures making your slide show I may have cried just a little. As cliche as it sounds, it seems like just yesterday that we bundled you up and brought you home for the first time, and yet I truly can't remember life without you. Now you're eight and I wonder how the time slipped by so quickly, how you went from the baby who hated her car seat with a fierce passion, to the toddler who loved all things princess, to the girl you are today, full of enthusiasm and compassion. You are beautiful. Your passion for life is contagious, you are uninhibited and fall in love easily. You are a bright spot in our little family and you bring us so much joy. Thank you for being you and sharing your life with us. We love you.
Love,
Mom






3 comments:

Kara said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Happy Birthday Emma!

Jem said...

Gorgeous pictures! What a sweet day.

Tracy said...

What a sweet letter. Emma is beautiful inside and out just like her Mom!! LOVE the pictures, you did a great job!!