This was the view out our windows this morning...
It almost makes me forget that we've been nursing illness for over a week at our house...everything from puking and fevers to rashes and runny noses. It's been well over a week since we've gone a night without someone awake, restless, unable to sleep and needing a dose of Motrin or a snuggle and I'm starting to feel it. I started this morning with chocolate muffins at 5am and I wished for a Diet Dr. Pepper to wash them down with.
The upside to being stuck at home is lots of time to decorate for Christmas.....
Our stockings are hung....
Emma spent 2 days home sick last week and she kept me going on decorating projects. Her enthusiasm was contagious.
We decorated this tree for FHE. The girls keep crafting and making more decorations for it. They litter the kitchen with a constant trail of ribbon, paper, scraps and scissors.
Lily sort of wished to skip school and decorate too, so we waited for her help to decorate the tree in the front room. This is the girls' favorite tree despite the malfunctioning lights and the fact that there can be no glass balls on the bottom 3 feet because Ava picks them off like apples.
The snow globes usually grace the top of the piano, this year we are keeping them low because the girls love admiring them. Now they don't have to climb to reach them, and I have to say there has only been one time so far when I thought my head might explode from hearing all three chiming their tunes at once. all. day. long....and the new has since worn off a little so it's no longer constant background noise.
....so there is our Christmas home tour, and I didn't even have to clear the toys from the floor;)


4 comments:
Ramie, I love your house! Seriously! Your house is EXACTLY what I want mine to look like (but am failing miserably at). Beautiful, but not the kind that makes you feel like you can't touch anything. Your family is so lucky to have you as the wife, mom, and home maker.
Sorry about the sickness at your house too. I'm beginning to forget what sleep was like :)
Beautiful pictures Ramie.
Gorgeous pictures. I like to look but sure wouldnt want to be there in person. Its supposed to be 65 here today. Just right. ;)
Love it all!! I went outside and took pictures this morning too, I didn't get any farther than that!! That dang job of mine keeps getting in the way!! ;-)
When I grow up someday, I want to be you!! Really, you truly amaze me with all you talents and abilities!! :-)
Post a Comment