Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Easter Trilogy...part I

I'm breaking our Easter weekend recap into 3 separate posts, since we celebrated it 3 different days, in 3 different places....and I took about 3 million pics. (I really need to figure out how to do collages)

Saturday morning, we headed up to Billings to celebrate Easter with Chris' side of the family. We had a traditional Easter ham that was delish!...and we got to meet sweet Megan! And, of course, we dyed Easter eggs and had an Easter egg hunt, or two, or 36, as the case may be....Mikala spent the afternoon rehiding the eggs over and over so the girls could keep finding them....she is such a great sport. We just love her!


Before we left in the morning, the girls put these little nests together->




Meeting Megan...
Grace and Tanner discussing babies.
Waiting for lunch...















Unruly Owen, hiding under the tablecloth...naughty boy.










Egg Dyeing...

While we dyed eggs, the boys played an ongoing game of fetch with their dads over the rails of the deck. Here they are wrestling for the football.
Kellan
The egg dyeing ended with Owen dumping the entire container of purple down the front of himself, thoroughly soaking his shirt, jeans and shoes.

Egg Hunting...

For some reason, I always end up with the most pics of Lily. I promise I love them all equally...she is just the most cooperative for the camera.
Holding Hands
Owen didn't get into the first round of egg hunts in Billings, he just wanted to play ball.
The boys playing catch...notice the big boys playing their own game of catch in the background.
Here, Owen is attempting to throw the ball into the trees down in the draw. He tried this repeatedly, but the ball never went as far as he wished it would. I should note that he did irritate a wasp in the process that stung him twice on the neck...poor baby. No worries though, it only slowed him down breifly. Oh yeah, I almost forgot and left the wild turkeys that we spotted while egg hunting out...what's that you say?...boring? Apparently they are not (boring) as we also have video footage of them as well. thanks hunny. well done.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

How fun! I'm ready for the next adventure!:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I don't let my kids say "hate" BUT when I see a wasp near my kids I start yelling..."I HATE wasps!!!" It really confuses them that I am breaking the rules...but those dirty buggers make me so mad!

Traci Kannard said...

oh my gosh so cute...those egg nests are darling...so talented...looks like you all had a great Easter!!