And, as if 3 Easter egg hunts isn't sufficient...we had one final Easter egg hunt Monday night for FHE. This time instead of the eggs being filled with candy, each egg had an item and scripture reference relating to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was my hope that having this final egg hunt, after all the craziness of the weekend, would return our thoughts to the true meaning of Easter. When we finished the hunt and reading the relating scriptures, we watched the video "To this end was I born."
When the movie was over and I had my girls attention, I attempted to explain the importance and necessity of the atonement to them and was met with blank stares. So, I changed gears and told them it was o.k. if they didn't understand the atonement and I admitted to them that there are things I still don't understand about the atonement. While I know it is of great importance, I think it is nearly impossible to grasp the absolute gravity of it's impact on mankind. It is my hope that as we talk and learn of Christ, they will feel the whispering in their soul witnessing the truth to them that He lives and loves us and that it is only through Him that we can return home to our Father in Heaven. And with this quiet assurance within their hearts, I hope they will find peace and realize they can believe without a complete understanding.
I was so touched by the talk about the Savior given by Jeffrey R. Holland during conference and especially love the video below. What a timely reminder.
The Morning Egg Hunt...
These were their Easter dresses this year...they are actually the flower girl dresses for my sister's wedding, May 2nd, but we passed them off as Easter dresses.



Grace is getting very good at eluding the camera these days, I always end up with shots like these of her.
Owen is noticeably absent from all these pics...that would be because he was busy hiding out in the bedroom smearing his chocolate stash into the carpet.



3 comments:
Thanks for being such an awesome Mom!!
You are so good...thanks for your testimony and all the fun you all had!
I think a lot of us can relate to you and your little family in not completely understanding the atonement...Our Bishop recently bore his testimony and compared our lack of understanding to our vehichles...we do not know everything about what makes them run, but we know how to USE them, and we have the "keys" to do so...just like the atonement, we may not understand how everything works, but we know enough to USE it in our lives. He said it much better, but hopefully you get my drift. By the way this analogy may not apply to your dad since he knows EVERYTHING about mechanics!
Post a Comment