Monday, April 27, 2009

Going Bare

So, the other day when I was at the beauty shop getting my summer highlights, I saw this...
You've probably seen bareMinerals on annoying infomercials, and as a general rule of thumb, I never buy things that have been on infomercials, but in a moment of weakness I caved and bought the set....not because I believe it will give me flawless skin by shrinking all my pores and eradicating my wrinkles like the literature claims...simply because I was nearly out of foundation.
Anyhoo, the reason for sharing all of this is that the set comes with a DVD depicting the proper way to apply the make-up...they make it seem like rocket science. Naturally, although my hair lady kindly encouraged me to watch it, I had no intentions of watching it, I mean, how hard can it be?
But my girls were ecstatic about the "make-up movie" and watched it 4 times while I took advantage of them being sedentary for a few moments and caught up on housework. So, the other morning I was getting ready for the day and Emma was in the bathtub behind me watching my every move when we had this exchange:
Emma, "Mom, you're not doing it right."
Me, "Really?"
Emma, "Yeah, you're supposed to swirl it, then tap off the excess....then buff."


On a completely unrelated note, we were walking home from visiting with the neighbors the other day and Lily said to me, "Mom, I'm a rock star."
Me, "You are?"
Lily, "Ya, because I just threw the biggest rock in the ditch and it made the biggest splash."
Emma, very exasperated and rolling her eyes, "That doesn't mean you're a rock star. If you were a rock star, you'd be on stage."
Thanks for keeping us informed Emma.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for the smile!! Your girls are sooo cute!! :-)

Kimberly said...

That's great!! Kids say the funniest things!

Teri said...

That is hilarious stuff...I love that your daughter was giving you make-up advice.

and Thanks for the information to back-up my theory...I knew I was right. ;)

Jenni said...

How funny! Kids say the cutest things!

The Lennons said...

It's always good to have someone by our sides to keep us in line! Very cute stories!

Jill said...

The Rock Star comments made me Laugh OUT LOUD! Thanks for making me smile. WE ALL miss Lily. They boys want her to come play sometime.

The Leithead Family said...

Very funny! Kids make me laugh! They are so smart and witty!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

That is hilarious! :)

Elaine said...

Such a funny post! Yeah, I wouldn't get how to put it on either. Your kids are a riot.