Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Afterschool Buddies

Since we have had a relatively uneventful week, although we have spent a lot of time outside and we are LOVING the warm weather, I thought I'd post some random pics of our after school buddies. We started having Antonio and Dakota over after school at the beginning of the year and I have to tell ya, I was a little nervous about how two boys would fit into our herd of girls, but it couldn't have worked out better. All of my littles love them and miss them when they don't come, but Owen absolutely adores them, he anxiously waits at the door for them to come everyday and cries when they go home.

We love Dakota's quiet personality and the way he watches out for Owen and is always at his beckoned call....whether he is repeatedly retrieving the balls he throws over the gate and down the stairs, or he is giving him piggy back rides around the living room, or he's just chasing Owen around the couch while he laughs hysterically.


And we love the way Tonio is always looking for a new adventure and making us laugh with his off the wall humor. I'll never forget one of the first times we took him somewhere in the car, he was sitting next to Owen and Owen was staring at him trying to figure out where we were going and why Antonio was sitting by him...Antonio looked at Owen and said, "He's looking at me like I just deep fried his cousin." Since then, we've found that he is full of the unpredictable and he likes to keep things interesting.

They were playing Doctor this day (Tonio was the Dr.) and although you can't tell from the pics, they were laughing uncontrollably.
Trick-or-Treating

Making Cookies



mmmm.....licking the frosting beaters

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dakota is a very fun kid. He makes me laugh a lot. Thanks for this post. It is fun to see him in this setting. I like to know what my students do outside of the classroom.

Kimberly said...

How cute...some really fun memories!

Sapp Family said...

That's so fun that your kids get along real well with the two boys! And your Easter weekend sounded like so much fun as well. Wish we could have been there with you guys! Well, we sure can't wait to see all of you this coming weekend at Marsie's wedding. We miss you guys....Love you! By the way, I love your new background. I feel kinda bad for taking the one you were gonna use. But hey, we could have had matching backgrounds. ;) Love ya!!

dcalvin said...

Thanks for taking such good care of "our" boys. They definitely have different personalities but they are both so dang lovable.