Monday, May 9, 2011

Devoid

Lately I've been completely devoid of creativity. I want to blog, but everytime I sit down, the words don't come. Life has been hectic. It wasn't suppose to be hectic after basketball ended. *sigh* Maybe hectic is the new normal. If so, I don't like it. My kids are busy. I am busy. My latest calling in church (food storage specialist) is getting me down. It's a lot of work, and there are some crabby old ladies who don't talk very nice. Maybe they forgot what it's like to be in the trenches with five kids. I've spent 8+ hours this past week helping people can food and I probably have another 8 hours to go this week. I actually really love the whole canning process, it's just that when I start to stretch myself too thin, my house falls apart and I kind of fall apart with it. It'll be ok though, we should finish up this week and then I breathe a big sigh of relief until the next order.
So, here are the pictures from the last couple of weeks. I don't have anything clever or insightful to write along with them. I do have a funny story though....
Tonight when we were helping a lady can, Owen came out to the garage and the lady asked him what his name was. Without stopping to think or skipping a beat, he answered very seriously "Buzz Lightyear."

Lily and Alex have been longtime best friends. At the moment, they are both toothless....and extremely cute.


Ava is into everything right now. I am constantly retrieving her from the counters and table. One year olds are busy.



We've had a few sunny days mixed in with the dreary ones......


Owen gave me an early Mother's Day present. He wrapped it himself and insisted I open it immediately. He told me what it was before I even got it open. He was so excited. It was a Dora book.

Those were my vintage Strawberry Shortcake roller skates from a million years ago. They are classics and all-time favorites at this house.

Owen still reads to himself in the mornings after he wakes up. I still love it.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Hang in there!! May is always a CRAZY month!! As you can see I haven't blogged for a long time either. I'm too busy living!! Sometimes other things are just more important.

Sounds like you are magnifying your calling, remember to take care of yourself too!! :-) You're the best...always smiling!!

Kimberly said...

Sorry you've been having a tough time! It always makes me sad when someone so wonderful as you is having a tough time! Just remember you are loved and admired and you are NOT your house ;) but you are your Home and those pictures are proof that your Home is one of love and joy! Even though the weather is drizzly, I hope your day is a little brighter!

The Leithead Family said...

Oh! I second the exact words that Kim said. She said it so very, very well. You are such a shining example of everything a mom should be. Your kids have put a grin on my face this morning. :)