Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The difference a day makes

Thank you all so much for the sweet thoughts after my last post. Yesterday I was having a bit of a debbie downer day. Today was lots better. I caught up on a little bit of housework, but mostly it's all about perspective and I'm thankful you all reminded me of that.

I ran across a batch of recent pictures that never made the blog.

In April, we celebrated my grandma's 81st birthday at the ranch. It was a glorious day. We visited, had an egg hunt and watched the kiddies play in the creek.


 A very overexposed picture of Lily. It's been such a long winter, I think I nearly forgot how to take pictures in full sun.








Grandpa fired up the carousel. Onyx loved it, Ava didn't.






Grace panned for gold.

Ava was determined to get in the water even though the creek was frigid. The freezing temps didn't faze her. I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer with her. She is fearless.





In other news....I finished putting our 72 hour kits together. Woot! Woot!

Lily got bored creative one afternoon and transformed herself into the Easter Bunny.


 


Ava entertaining her cousin with a little table dance. She is naughty, he is incredibly cute. Seriously, I would kiss his little cheeks off if he'd let me.



Let the record reflect that since this picture was taken, Ava's nose has been wiped, her chocolate dripped shirt has been changed and her mullet has been trimmed. She no longer looks like a happy little orphan.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I find you incredibly creative. You are a phenomenal writer (and photographer). And I would love to can with you.

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures...Maybe I need some tips:)
It must be that time of year, I just got our kits put together/finished.
Way to go!
(glad you are feeling better too!)