Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Decade

It was ten years ago today that  we promised forever and became a family. We embarked on this journey together, unsure of what lay ahead, only knowing we had each other and somehow we'd make it work. I'm sure there were many who wondered if we'd make it, we were young and we had only known each other a few short months before we stood in front of the people we loved and vowed to love, honor and cherish one another. It's hard to believe it was that long ago, time seems to have flown and yet it is truly amazing to see just how far we've come. In these 10 seemingly short years, we've been blessed with 5 beautiful babies. We've learned so much and I love you more now than I ever knew I could.

I love that you can walk through the door at the end of the day and not need to "unwind." You walk in, needing us and craving us, even when I'm crabby and don't show you the same enthusiasm.

I love that you tell me I'm beautiful even when I know better and you keep telling me even when I roll my eyes at you.

I love that you fully support me staying at home with our babies even if it means you don't have money for man-hobbies and you have to watch your golf membership lapse.

I love that you NEVER question what I do with my days, even when they are seemingly unproductive and all I may have done is sit and hold, and snuggle and smell our baby.

I love that you are completely unselfish and put others before yourself even if that means you'll get the short end of the stick.

I love you because you are never grouchy when I've had it up to my neck with housework and decide to boycott it all, you just pick up wherever I left off and do the dishes, or the laundry or the endless pick-up until I decide I can face it again.

I love that you love these babies/children as much as I do and you give them your time and your energy and your patience and they see it too and are better because of it.

I love that you love me for me, in all of my imperfectness, even when I'm bossy, or whiny, or stubborn, or selfish.

I Love You Forever!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Touching!! Happy Anniversary to one cute and amazing couple!! Here's to another 10 GREAT years!!

Once again...LOVE your writing style! :-)

Kimberly said...

Congrats! You guys are so awesome!! Even more so together!

Jem said...

Happy Anniversary. Sounds like you have an amazing man there.

Elaine said...

Okay, you're going to make me cry :) You got incredibly lucky, and I'd say Chris did, too! I tell you again and again, but you are such a talented writer. And it was really cool to see the pic of your mom that you posted. She hasn't changed a bit. She looks beautiful, and so do you.