
Holy Moley.....It's been forever since my last post. Basketball season is officially over. YaHoooo! (I would insert a little happy dance here, but Chris is coaching middle school track and it started this week...so, shucks, but the good news is the season is super short and so are the practices, he gets home by 5)
We've had a busy two weeks following the team to regionals and then state. Regionals were in Worland this year and since my parents live right across the street from the high school, it was the perfect set-up. We could walk to and from the games and when any of the littles weren't in the mood for gaming, they got to stay home and play with nana.
After the weekend in Worland for regionals, we packed up and headed out last Wednesday for State Basketball in Casper. It was a hectic and exhausting long weekend, but our kids LOVED it. They are so crazy, when I was explaining that Saturday was the very last day of games, they were disappointed and asked why basketball couldn't go until May. They were such troopers, there were days we went to up to 5 games in one day and they never once complained. (Owen was restless off and on, but he even stuck it out....however, I do owe a public apology to the unsuspecting man who took a slobery marker to the back of the arm, a water bottle to the shoulder and a rainstorm of bunny grahams...all courtesy of Owen...sorry kind sir)
We graduated to hauling 2 game bags to every game this year, in them, I brought tons of food (granola bars, fruit snacks, dried fruit, individual cookie and cracker packages, string cheese, water bottles...), the portable DVD player, 2 leapsters, 2 gameboys, a Vsmile, electronic solitare, a magnadoodle, dry erase markers with boards and books, coloring books and various art supplies, pom poms for cheering and other necessites like wipes and kleenex. I'm sure we resembled a traveling circus most of the time.
We've had a busy two weeks following the team to regionals and then state. Regionals were in Worland this year and since my parents live right across the street from the high school, it was the perfect set-up. We could walk to and from the games and when any of the littles weren't in the mood for gaming, they got to stay home and play with nana.
After the weekend in Worland for regionals, we packed up and headed out last Wednesday for State Basketball in Casper. It was a hectic and exhausting long weekend, but our kids LOVED it. They are so crazy, when I was explaining that Saturday was the very last day of games, they were disappointed and asked why basketball couldn't go until May. They were such troopers, there were days we went to up to 5 games in one day and they never once complained. (Owen was restless off and on, but he even stuck it out....however, I do owe a public apology to the unsuspecting man who took a slobery marker to the back of the arm, a water bottle to the shoulder and a rainstorm of bunny grahams...all courtesy of Owen...sorry kind sir)
We graduated to hauling 2 game bags to every game this year, in them, I brought tons of food (granola bars, fruit snacks, dried fruit, individual cookie and cracker packages, string cheese, water bottles...), the portable DVD player, 2 leapsters, 2 gameboys, a Vsmile, electronic solitare, a magnadoodle, dry erase markers with boards and books, coloring books and various art supplies, pom poms for cheering and other necessites like wipes and kleenex. I'm sure we resembled a traveling circus most of the time.
And since no family road trip would be complete without a puker, Owen graciously stepped up to plate for us on our way to Casper and puked all over 2 carseats. Although my initial reaction was a quick trip to the dumpster and then Wal-mart for replacements, my sister lives in Casper......so I didn't get off that easy. We just went to her house as soon as we got into town (I'm sure she was wondering how she got so lucky) and washed the carseats and puke clothes. I'm really not sure what brought on the all the barfing, but I'm just REALLY glad it wasn't the flu and we didn't all get it. I was having a bit of a panic attack thinking about having 4 puking children in a hotel room....or driving 4 puking children home 5 hours by myself.
Emma showing off her cheetah-print fruit roll-up at the game...or is it leopard-print?

When we didn't have games, we gave the kids a break by taking them swimming at the hotel and to the children's science museum in Casper. It is a super fun place for kids. It's very small in comparison to some of the children's museums we have been to, but it's really laid back and that makes it fun. The man there was constantly getting the critters out of their cages and letting the kids touch them if they'd like. This time he brought out the tarantula and told the kids, "Just pet it on it's back, not too close to it's head, they are poisonous, but it won't kill you...just make you sick."
Lily and my sister were the only ones brave enough to touch it from our little group. The man also got out a giant African millipede that was equally disgusting and a bearded dragon that actually wasn't too bad. He let the bearded dragon run around the floor and fed it a few meal worms. The other highlight of the science museum was the bubble room. That room alone was worth the $4 admission. There is just something about giant bubbles....as long as you didn't look too close at the water in the bubble trays...it was so nasty.
Lily and my sister were the only ones brave enough to touch it from our little group. The man also got out a giant African millipede that was equally disgusting and a bearded dragon that actually wasn't too bad. He let the bearded dragon run around the floor and fed it a few meal worms. The other highlight of the science museum was the bubble room. That room alone was worth the $4 admission. There is just something about giant bubbles....as long as you didn't look too close at the water in the bubble trays...it was so nasty.
My crazy sister petting the tarantula.










6 comments:
You are a brave woman!! I can just see you right now doing the happy dance!! :-) You are an AMAZING Mom!! Good for You!!!
You are such a trooper, we went from indoor and now we are in out door, so I hear ya. We only made it to one track meet and we called it good. I don't even think we are going to attempt any outdoor this year, I can't keep up. Good memories though.
All I can say is WOW! We can't even make it through Lovell soccer game! I am in awe!! I'm glad that you had so much fun and that you survived! Sounds like you were made to be a coach's wife!!
Chris is so lucky to have such a supportive fan club!!! Sounds like you are one brave Momma...I love the shout out to the unsuspecting kind sir! Regionals in Worland with Nana, and state in Casper with Marsie...how fun! I don't generally hanker for a trip to casper, but that museum looks like fun, my kids got a kick out of your pictures! At least fro track you can get some sun while you support!
You ARE amazing! And what good kiddos to be so good during the long hours of basketball :) Thanks for showing off the museum too, it looks like a lot of fun!
Wow...you have been a busy mamma for the past couple of weeks! What craziness! I'm kinda glad that Brad isn't coaching anything like that...I would sure miss him lots! :) Love you guys! Give the little ones hugs and kisses for us!
Post a Comment