
The TOOTH...
Emma lost her first tooth on Sunday, March 1st at my mom's house. We were there visiting for the day and Emma was eating a piece of bread and exclaimed OWWW!!! She's very dramatic, so my natural reaction is always, "Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" (usually never looking up from what I'm doing...very attentive...I know) My mom is less experienced with such outbursts (I was never so dramatic), so she promptly gives her a thorough examination and finds that one of her teeth is very loose. And while I have a bit of an obsession with ear cleaning (weird, I know), my mom has an obsession with teeth pulling (*shiver* ewwww. I can't stand loose teeth, I can't even look at them).
So, once my mom knows a loose tooth exists, she casually asks the unsuspecting child if she can "just look at it" and then fast as lightening plucks it out of their mouth.....and that's exactly what she did to Emma. I will give my mom the benefit of the doubt this time, Emma's tooth must have been quite loose because as I said previously, Emma is very dramatic and she hardly flinched at the tooth pulling, so either it didn't hurt very bad, or she was so ecstatic about finally losing a tooth, she didn't notice the pain. (She has been waiting for 2 years to finally lose a tooth.) Anyhow, the tooth fairy came Sunday night and all is well.The Cupcakes...
So, last week was the 5th grade cake raffle...some fundraiser they do for something, (I don't have to remember what because I haven't had a 5th grader yet, right?) but it's an annual event. Emma asked her dad after school if she could have money to buy some tickets and of course he said yes. (smart move on Emma's part asking her dad...I would have told her she could earn some money, but dad's nicer)
Anyway, the next day, the kids were at school and Chris asked me where I put $8 that he had left on the kitchen counter. I told him I hadn't touched it, and asked him if he had given Emma any money for tickets. He said he forgot and I immediately knew she must have decided it was the money she could take to buy tickets.So, last week was the 5th grade cake raffle...some fundraiser they do for something, (I don't have to remember what because I haven't had a 5th grader yet, right?) but it's an annual event. Emma asked her dad after school if she could have money to buy some tickets and of course he said yes. (smart move on Emma's part asking her dad...I would have told her she could earn some money, but dad's nicer)
When she came home from school, I asked her about it and sure enough, she had taken it thinking it was fair game, afterall...."Dad had told her he was giving her money." I asked her if she used it all to buy tickets and she said "yup!" Uhhh, that would be 80 tickets, they are only 10 cents each!.....We had a little chat about asking before taking money because sometimes it's not ours and I was just really grateful that, in spite of 8o tickets, she only came home with one plate of chocolate cupcakes on Friday. By the way, she hates chocolate, so she shared :)


3 comments:
Cute Stories! The tooth is so funny, and 80 Tickets?!!! Sounds like things stay fun around your house:)
What a funny cupcake story...and the fact that she hates chocolates just tops it off!
Oh I love the cupcake story! Brad and I got a good laugh out of that one. :) And that's so exciting that she lost her first tooth! Yay for Emma! We love you!!
Post a Comment