Sunday, October 23, 2011

Once upon a time....

Once upon a time it was summer and we spent a day at the park.
Yellowstone National Park to be exact.....

It was lovely.
I happened to be super sick that day and running a fever, but I wasn't about to be left behind, so I doubled up on pain meds and hoped for the best.

This post is VERY picture heavy, with very little narration because it's been a while since we went and my feeble brain forgets details.....besides, my mind is fried from trying to upload pictures. Does blogger lock up for any of the rest of you after you upload about 8 pictures? I finally figured out that I could upload around 8 pictures before blogger would lock up and I'd have to close out of the internet and reopen it again. This post tested my sanity, and now that it's finished, I deserve some chocolate.
First stop of the day was Fishing Bridge......





After Fishing Bridge we picniced, but apparently I felt eating was more important than picture taking because I never pulled out my camera. Eating is generally at the forefront of all my thoughts.

After our little picnic, we drove in search of some waterfalls. Along the way we saw some tourists checking out a buffalo. They stopped to take pictures and get a closer look. We drove right on by and I snapped pictures through the open van window.



It's been too long and now I don't remember the names of the different falls we stopped at, so all you'll get are pictures. I didn't get out at the first waterfall, I rested in the car with Ava. I snapped a quick picture of Lily, and then handed the camera over to Chris to document the stop. He did a fine job, and got some pretty great shots.






Owen slept on the way to the next waterfall, I camped out with the two sleeping kids in the van while Chris and the girls took a quick hike to the falls. Chris didn't take the camera this time so there are subsequently no pictures of it, but I am certain it was stunning......

I ventured out for the next stop at yet another waterfall.




Owen climbed around on some benches and snuck into a tourist group's picture. They were amused by it and chatted in broken English about the little boy in the red hat.

My best attempt at a shot of all the grandkids.....
Owen hid behind his hat...unruly child.




The last stop of the day was Old Faithful where Grandma Carla bought everyone a round of ice cream while we waited for Old Faithful to erupt......







This next picture might be my favorite shot of the day.

Megan and Kellan had cute little binoculars and that they shared. Ava loved them, so did Tanner:)




And reason number 7,462 why Traci's kids are so awesome.....They don't bat an eye at sharing their ice cream spoon and cone with a slobbery one year old. How many teenagers would do that? I doubt many would. They are a in a league above the rest, and my kids are so lucky to have them.


That's Kade's arm. Sorry about the decapitation, Kade. I just really need a wider angle camera lens. (Are you reading this honey??? My birfday is in two weeks. *wink*wink*)


Owen found himself a quiet little spot to eat his ice cream.



Owen found this little critter under the rock culvert where he was eating his ice cream. He really wanted to hold him, but given the fact that it is a rodent and has teeth, I convinced him taking a picture was a better idea.



This picture totally cracks me up, Ava's using Chris's ears for handles.


Old Faithful erupted. We all hugged good-bye and headed our separate ways toward home.....Oh, wait, that's not quite the end. I remember now that Mikala rode in our car until Cody Wal-mart. Chris talked basketball with her and introduced her to the sodium laden deliciousness known as chili-cheese fritos. 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Great pictures and commentary!! You never disappoint, I covet your writing skills!! :-)