I still haven't posted their first day pics.
I had grand plans for all that I would accomplish in those hours that they were away.
I didn't take time to blog while they were still home thinking I'd get all caught up after they headed off to school. I knew there would be an element of busyness with school back in full swing....events like back-to-school nights and lunch dates. However, I didn't take into consideration the fact that I would be beginning an online class, getting a new calling and not be released from my old one (which means double duty for me until they call someone to take over the food storage) as well as getting hit by a truck and dealing with all of the drama that entails (doctor visits, police reports, multiple meetings with law enforcement and investigators). Oh, and throw a week in there where our internet wasn't working due to some technical difficulties TCT was having. I'm telling you, there is never a dull moment around here....and if there is, that just means Owen is in the other room making mischief.
I would pledge that in the coming days I will be doing a little catch-up here on the old blog, but everytime I promise that, it never ends well. So, here are the first day pictures, and maybe I'll be back in the coming days to fill you in on Owen turning four and all of the mischief he has been making.
On the front steps....notice the painter's tape around the front door? I should have added endless house projects to my "woe is me, I'm so busy" list.
Emma....3rd Grade
Lily.....1st Grade
Grace.....5th Grade
Owen wore his backpack hoping maybe he'd get to go along.
The new kicks. I love how their personalities shine through in their choice of footwear...Lily's shoes are two sizes too big. The store was out of her size, but she had her heart set on Twinkle Toes, so Twinkle Toes it was and if they are still in one piece, they'll probably still fit her when she heads off to junior high.
The final wave....*sniff, sniff* They're getting so big.
Owen led the way back to the house.
Ava busied herself pushing the drawer from the dishwasher around the house. Weird.
Owen busied himself playing in a random downpour.
I busied myself (with help from Ava and Owen, of course) making paw print cookies in honor of back to school. They were delish, I should know, I'm sure I single-handedly ate at least a dozen or two. (Thanks for the recipe Tracy:) I hacked it from your blog:)


6 comments:
I had the same plans with blogging. Funny how that works. And I love that Ava pushes the dishwasher rack around the house. Dallin does it too, so that makes it seem a little less weird. He also likes to take the metal wracks out of the oven and sit on them in the living room. I wish he could tell me what's going on in his little head.
I hope your calling is going well. I sure miss those girls!
I love the pictures - and the shoes :) Emma reminds me so much of you!
So I hope you are ok!!
You girls are such cuties. Love the pictures of them and how they are all such individuals just in what they wear!
I think we all think that school means more time to get things done and it never does. We seem to get busier!!
Are you back in YW? How exciting!
I love catching up with you..hope there is more to come:)
Time for blogging!!??!?? That's the big dilemma no matter what stage of life you're in!!...I'm finding that our for myself!! Really, what do I do with my time?!!
So glad your precious little family is okay!!
Glad you like the cookies, they are a favorite around here!!! :-)
I love how their personalities show through their shoes also! Cant promise things will slow down, but, how boring would it be if they did, right? Hang in there.
Wow... that sure is a lot to deal with! I sure hope you are all ok and healing physically and emotionally! I just love your family so much! Take care!
Post a Comment