The stars aligned and we had an unusually pleasant drive. There were no squabbles in the backseat, and we never turned the t.v. on. Even Ava rode along happily and didn't make a peep. It was lovely.
You don't see 20 foot walls of snow everyday.....IN JUNE!!! The kids were impressed.
It was a little chilly and breezy.
Max even came....(Why are cat eyes so creepy in pictures? He looks evil, and he is sooo not!)
It was a beautiful drive.
We had to make several potty stops for Owen. I'm not sure if it was the novelty of peeing in the snow, or the two Capri Suns he drank on the way up the mountain.
We saw a lot of deer. I didn't throw in a zoom lens so there are no close-ups.
On the way back down the mountain the kids wanted to stop at this waterfall.
They threw rocks
....and admired the splashes they made.
Grace made my day when she asked me if I'd take her picture....that NEVER happens. Love that girl.


3 comments:
I was hoping to do this exact same thing! I'm glad you had a good time. You have such a fun, beautiful family!
I miss the West so much! We did this while we were in Utah - John's first real experience with snow. No accessible snowy drives here! Just the smell of warm garbage in the summer :)
Haha I love it! Yes Cleve wrote I love Kim in the snow he is a good guy sometimes but I won't mention the birthdays/anniversaries he forgets. :) great pictures and I love that the cat got to go!
Post a Comment