Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I need my head checked

The latest addition....

As if five kids, a dog, a cat, a horse, and a batch of caterpillars we're hatching into butterflies isn't busy enough....We went ahead and added to the mayhem with a kitten. I must love living on the verge of sanity.


The upside is, it has made me a rockstar mom the last week. I'm very popular with my children at the moment. They think I'm the greatest.


His name is Max.....as in Maximus Decimus Meridus, like the Gladiator. When he first met Lila, he was fierce. He wasn't about to back down to her despite his obvious size hindrance. Everyone had varying opinions on what a fitting name would be for him. The kids came up with some unique ones, but in the end, Max won out.

Max has been incredibly gentle with all of the kids....even Ava, and that actually says a lot because she is pretty hard on him.

He has brought out the sweetest, softest side of Owen. Owen continually reminds us that he's just a baby and we have to be so careful with him. He loves to snuggle him to sleep at night....


 Even Ava insists on snuggling him at naptime.




He is obviously quite adored....and don't let the absence of pictures fool you, the big girls are equally as enamored with him. I've just been a slacker about getting the camera out lately.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Oh, wow! Brings back memories of your house when we were growing up :) He's a good looking cat - and you remember my feelings on cats! Nice name, too. I love that you actually named him after Gladiator. (We love that movie.) Good to hear from you! We'll keep you posted on our Western comings and goings - not sure when we'll be out next, but when we know, so will you. My aunt Miriam says hi.