Friday, February 18, 2011

Heaven Help Me....

She's a climber.

Owen nearly did me in with all of his climbing and close calls. Remember this?

I can never decide if I should dart across the kitchen, leaping over the scattered Tupperware she leaves strewn across the floor, to retrieve her as quickly as I possibly can before she plunges to the tile below.....or if a better approach is tip-toeing and talking sweetly as I make my move to retrieve her so as not to alarm or excite her into running across the counter and thus increasing the chances of her taking a header. I usually end up doing the latter, but inside, my heart is racing and leaping across the kitchen to her. Ugh! That girl. I was so not ready for this. She is barely thirteen months. Why is she in such a hurry to grow up?
 







I was cutting the kids' valentines last week and heard a clangy sound, I looked up to see her helping herself the the m&m's. My camera was sitting right next to her on the buffet so I snapped a few pics of her. They are blurry because I was sort of in a panic and didn't want to mess with camera settings and risk her falling and I didn't dare step back far enough to show just how high the stool is. Little stinker.

(For the record, she does own clothes and I do dress her. This just happened to be after she smeared oatmeal across her pj's and before her bath.)








4 comments:

Kara said...

Why do they insist on doing that to us? The fun of climbing is starting to wear off for Dallin, so maybe Ava's will be short lived too. Here's to hoping!

Sapp Family said...

She is so cute! That is scary when she's on the counter after what happened to Owen a while ago though. Hopefully nothing like that ever happens again though. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I can't believe she is 1 already.
I love your writing and I think that you put it perfectly when you talked about cabin fever. I can only imagine with such small ones and Chris being gone so much. You are a trooper..I've been there and feel for you.
This too shall pass!
(but it still seem tough:)

Kimberly said...

Wow! I guess that means Hayden's not too far behind for that stage, either! Here we go again, right? :)