Thursday, February 10, 2011

Friendship is unnecessary...

Friendship is unnecessary
like philosophy, like art.....
It has no survival value;
rather is one of those things that give value to survival.
C.S. Lewis

(post 8 of 10 in '10)
We have amazing friends. Here are a few pictures from time spent with friends in 2010.....
In the front yard with Walkers....



(Would you kindly focus your attention on the happy kids, not the ghetto unfinished play area behind said happy kids?)

Owen wore his Scooby crocs all summer even slip and sliding.

More baby Cancan.




At Five Springs with Lundbergs.

The kiddies had fun playing in the water.





....until we hiked up to the big falls, then I was a slight basket case worrying about one of them slipping off the rocks into the rushing water.


Obviously I tend to slack off in the hair-doing department in the summertime, good thing I think Lily is still adorable even with unruly hair.

Owen was pretending this little round cookie was his steering wheel.





We cheated and cooked s'mores over a little portable grill.

At the kiddie pool with the Mayes.





 This is the only proof I have that we really had friends there with us...see that's Kristin holding her baby Ava and steadying the tubes that my baby Ava is lounging in.....Mostly, I took pictures before they came, once they made it, I just sat and enjoyed having someone to visit with.

 

1 comment:

Sapp Family said...

I love the summery pictures, especially the ones of the pool! I also like Chris' stink-eye picture. And we're also happy to hear that Carla is doing well! :) We love you guys!