Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Heart Day Happenings

I don't go all-out for V-day. Chris used to buy me flowers on Valentine's Day, after a few years I asked him not to. I love flowers as much as the next girl, but I'd rather he suprise me with them when he is feeling especially enamored with me, rather than buying them out of obligation because it's Valentine's Day and that's what he's suppose to do. Call me a party pooper if you want, but I don't completely poop out on the holiday. We decked out the buffet in pink and red and we "heart-attacked" our kitchen a couple of weeks ago (an idea I saw here).  It was such a fun activity, we will definitely be making it a new tradition at our house. We've loved reading and re-reading our love notes to each other the last few weeks.





We made the same Valentine's as we did last year. They are fun, and easy. I copied this version, but the idea originally came from her. (I can't say I know her personally, but I stalk her blog and I think she's pretty awesome. She has five kids and she knits the most incredible creations).








This year Valentine's Day was especially fun because the kids happened to have the day off from school. The girls woke me up nice and early and suprised me with pink heart shaped pancakes. They even cleaned up their cooking mess (mostly). They were still feeling especially ambitious after breakfast and wanted to bake cookies and deliver them to a list of friends, and since I don't even need a good reason to bake, I was happy to facilitate the project. A little later in the evening, we made heart shaped homemade pretzels, and chicken fried steak for dinner (a random combination, but it was a hit).

3 comments:

Kara said...

I love your Valentines. And Katelyn thought they were about the coolest thing she's ever seen. We must read the same blogs, because every blog you linked to, I read also :) I guess great minds think alike.

Once again, thanks for the cookies. They were fabulous!

Sapp Family said...

I absolutely love the Valentines! Super cute! I'm totally doin' it next year. :) I also love the heart attack idea. We love you guys!

Alissa said...

Thanks for the link and for making my head huge tonight!