Friday, June 12, 2009

A Tremendous Loss

Lloyd Edwards, Chris's dad, passed away last night. Today is Carla's birthday. I should be posting a Happy Birthday tribute to an incredibly strong, loving and resilient woman who has been an inspiration to us all. Instead, our hearts are literally breaking for her. Our hearts are breaking for us. We are hurting. We weren't ready. We never thought he'd be gone so soon. We already miss him terribly.
It's hard to believe we only have our memories left. One memory I hope I never forget and I wish my kids were older so they would never forget was how much Lloyd absolutely adored his grandbabies. He literally overflowed with love when he was with us, it radiated from him. Every time we walked through the door he rushed to meet us and hug his grandbabies. He never turned down a chance to have them over. Even yesterday, when I took the kids up to say good-bye, he opened his eyes and mouthed the words "Hi" and "I love you." It took every ounce of energy in his frail body and he never opened his eyes or tried to speak again the whole time we were there. But it was so important to him to acknowledge us that he mustered everything in him to let us know he loved us. We LOVE you Lloyd! You have left a legacy that will never be forgotten.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. My Dad died after only 2 weeks of knowing he had cancer, on June 9th, 2001. I feel so bad for you and Chris. There is nothing that takes the pain away for a while. Just love each other through it. One quote I loved was "No grief is so great, no pain so profound, that is beyond the Lord's healing touch." If you need anything let me know. I know it is a stressful time for the kids as well.

The Leithead Family said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. It will be a difficult time for you all. It's hard to even describe the holes that are left in our hearts when loved ones leave us. I know you will take comfort in Heavenly Father's plan!

Tracy said...

I am so sorry!! It's never easy to loose a parent. I lost both of my parents to cancer, not fun!! I can tell you that time helps heal!! Also the joy of doing their Temple work was also a blessing!! I know your children will miss him dearly as well as you and Chris. Hang in there and make sure to get a blessing!!

Kara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Greg Becky said...

Letting you know what we are thinking about you too.

Teri said...

I too, am so sorry to hear about Lloyd's passing. I always thought he was a great man. I pray you will all find comfort at this time.

Lundberg Family said...

We let you know earlier but are letting you know it again...we are here to help with anythg you guys need...food, kids, animals..whatever! We will miss seeing him at the games and functions! We continue to keep you in our prayers! Let us know if we can help!

Jill said...

Chris, Rami, and Kids You are in our thoughts and prayers. May your faith in the Living Christ and His eternal plan for families give you light and sustain you in these dark mortal hours. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

ozzmom said...

I am so sorry for your loss if there is anything you need just let me know Our thoguhts and prayers are with you all.

Lindsay said...

Ramie, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family will be comforted at this time. You are in all our thoughts and prayers.

Brenda said...

I saw your mom in the temple today Ramie. I was so sad to hear your news. I am thinking of you guys....

Jaime said...

Chris and Ramie, my heart aches for you as I know what you must be feeling. Many thoughts are flowing through my mind of the day my daddy passed away. It will be a trying time for awhile, but time does heal. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. It has been 10 1/2 years since my dad passed away and not one day goes by that I don't think of him. Lloyd was an awsome man and I too will miss him. He was a very generous and loving dad and grandpa. Let me know if you need anything.

Carola said...

I have always had very fond feelings for Lloyd and Carla. They are some of the first people we met when we moved to Lovell and they made us feel a part of the community. Please accept our condolences as we will miss Lloyd also.

Traci Kannard said...

oh my word...that was such a powerful post I just had to comment it...I know we have never met Lloyd but he sounds like one of those people that will never be forgotten by anyone...even those that have never met him...and those memories you have are treasures...our prayers are with you

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, my heart just aches for you right now. If we can do anything to help your heavy hurt, please call. Hang in there, we love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ho...
I am soo sorry,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. It will be a difficult time for you all. It's hard to even describe the holes that are left in our hearts when loved ones leave us.

___________________
Vince
Naton wide cash is easy and fast