Friday, February 3, 2012

Speaking of....

Speaking of unstructured days and forgotten pictures that never made the blog, here are a bunch more I came across. They might be oldies, but they're good ones. They kind of make my heart ache for summer.....and for my kids to stop growing so dang fast.

The line-up of "pupils" when the girls were playing school one day.

Chris can never mow the lawn alone. He always has a "helper," sometimes two.


Ava was the number one assistant when it came to working on sprinklers too.









We had a little good-bye party for Bryce and Josie before they left for Tulsa. For the entertainment of the evening, Emma showed everyone what they had to look forward to using the "Age my Face" app on the ipod.

Mary Ann, Josie and Grace practiced some fancy braids.

My mom left her phone here after the party. Owen discovered it and honed his Angry Bird skills.


We have the sweetest neighbor. My kids adore her and Owen calls her grandma.

Our friend's dog had puppies so we went over to love on them for a little bit.




More tea parties....


When the weather was warmer, the kids would take a bunch of stuff out to the front yard to make obstacle courses, they'd take turns timing each other. Ava loved to get in the way and slow them down.



Playing dress-up.....The white pieces are homemade confetti, so fun (until it's clean-up time).




This is Owen eating his breakfast one morning, notice the small plastic container sitting next to him?

Yeah, that's a cricket. We have a lot of crickets in the fall. Owen and Lily were champion cricket catchers, and caught at least one a day for several weeks. We had a lot of crickets hanging out in baby food containers for a while. Some nights it was very noisy and I'd put their "pets" out on the front step so we wouldn't hear their incessant chirping all night.

During the summer, we use the kids coat/backpack hooks to hang beach towels and swimming supplies so they are easy to grab on the way out the door.

I'm not really sure what is hanging out of Ava's mouth in this picture. A sunflower seed? I do remember taking the picture though. I remember she was pointing and saying "doggy," I turned around to see three deer running across the yard.

Love you Gracie-Pooh.

And lastly, a shot of Ava camped out with my laptop and cell phone.


1 comment:

Elaine said...

I'm impressed Chris can mow the lawn and hang onto a kid. I can barely sweep holding John. And I love that Owen must have picked his own outfit in that pic with the neighbor. Does Emma ever remind you of you? She just sends me back to when you moved in from Havre, Montana at 12. Crazy.

Oh, yeah - and I meant to tell you that the colors you picked for your family photo shoot are awesome.