Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Rest

I'm back and it's really tomorrow, just like I said. I'd say that's a good start to this daunting task of catch-up. There were a couple of fish hatchery pictures that didn't make the last post.



Once we were back at the ranch, the kids played on the bridge and Chris fished.



Owen caught a grasshopper under a cup and then proceeded to tell me an animated story about the trapped grasshopper. I sure wish I could remember what he said, judging from the pictures it must have been pretty good tale.






I overexposed this shot too, but they were holding hands so I did my best to save it......


My mom took the kids out for a spin around the pond in the boat.

We noticed the water level in the pond was really low, so we sent the menfolk over to the creek to unclog the pipe that fills the pond.

Then Grace and Lily went tubing down the creek.









Emma entertained Ava and Owen with more bubbles.






While we cleaned up and packed our things to head for home, Ava played on the trampoline.

She tried really hard to latch the buckle on the safety enclosure. Have you ever seen a dirtier face? Wow.


At the very end of the day, Grace finally convinced Owen to float the creek with her.


These pictures sure make me miss those long summer days, I love those unstructured days that aren't cram-packed with commitments. And there really isn't a better place on earth to spend a long summer day than at the ranch.

No comments: