We had a teaser day of spring the other day. Owen was in heaven. Today we woke up to snow, and honestly, I'm ok with that. The thing is, I know that there is a long summer ahead with seemingly endless hot days when I won't hardly be able to convince my kids to come inside. And the problem with them wanting to be outside is it means I need to be outside. We don't live in suburbia with a neatly fenced backyard. We are surrounded on one side by horse pasture, another side is bordered by an irrigation ditch and out the backyard is a steep cactus covered ridge with a canal at the bottom. I have nightmares of that canal swallowing up my children. Needless to say, although we live in an area where there is much adventure to be had, there are also dangers and man alive I worry about the unthinkable happening....someone being stepped on by a horse, or a toddler straying too close to the irrigation ditch, or worst of all, that forbidding canal swallowing someone whole. So, I'm ok with a few more chilly days to keep us safely inside. Although I believe Owen would beg to differ....













And before we played outside, we had a little fun with our rainbow rice.....
1 comment:
That Owen...he sure is a cutie! And I also love all of the Easter pictures! Your family is so gorgeous!! :) We love you guys!
Post a Comment