Friday, October 22, 2010

Fun on Friday...Ava Style

When Ava was sick, I'd play this video for her. She loved it...made her smile and sometimes laugh. Something about dancing puppets just makes a person want to get their groove on, because if puppets can dance, anyone can, right?
wrong.
I can't dance.
at all.
but this video makes me want to anyway.



I've been making spaghetti sauce out of my mom's garden tomatoes. I have enough tomatoes left for one last batch, but I've been waiting for the final ones to ripen. Ava found them yesterday and helped herself.

Sadly (for me), I've noticed subtle signs lately that she is shifting from baby to toddler. Whereas before, I could count on her staying nearby, even underfoot, wherever I happened to be working, now she explores in her own direction and I am forever hunting her down when she is too quiet and I know she must be into something...like tomatoes or fireplace ash or dvds (she can open both the fireplace and entertainment center doors now). She beelines to the fridge and dishwasher as soon as either of them are opened, although what really gets her moving are the dog and cat. She waves her arms emphatically as soon as she spots them and then crawls for all she's worth to get to them, then she mercilessly pokes at their eyes and pulls their fur until someone intervenes.

Just a few more things to remember about Ava right now:
She has recently decided, much to my dismay, that one nap a day is sufficient for her.
She has not discovered the playground that is the toilet...yet.
Her eyes twinkle when she watches Owen, they seem to have a special connection.
She loves popcorn and we can hardly break off the hulls fast enough before she is begging for more. (I swear it's genetic, Chris consumes an absurd amount)
Everyone (and I do mean everyone) who meets her comments on her eyes.
She is a little bit shy and buries her head in my shoulder when I'm visiting with people she doesn't know.
She pushes a little chair around the kitchen and uses it for support so she can "walk."
Her big sisters and brother think she walks (or crawls) on water and comments like, "Wow. I didn't know she could do that," and "she's sooo smart and sooo cute," are frequent.
She's been with us nine months now, but her "newness" has yet to wear off. There are still squabbles over whose turn it is to hold her.
To say she is adored would be a vast understatement.

In the dishwasher.
 In the fridge.


4 comments:

MarsieMae said...

I still think Ava is new too. I think she has such a fun loving personality and makes me smile even when I just think of her.

Tracy said...

She is just a doll!!

Dana said...

Cute cute pictures! Actually, the first thing I thought when I saw that first picture was, "Her eyes are so pretty!"
Thanks, also, for your comments on my blog. :) Glad you can relate! And no awkward silences here! I love clothes! James, however, does not appreciate my infatuation with them, so it's nice to hear when someone else does! ;)

Mandy said...

Love the pic of Ava eating the tomato.
Sooooo fabulous. And all the other pics
are great too. The new pictures of the kids
on the top header are really good. Sometime
in your "free time," you should teach me how to use a camera, write fantastic blog entries, and interior decorate. I stole your idea for seasonal decorating and using a nest. I need more from fabulous you!