Yesterday, I had really good intentions for Family Home Evening. I am not super-crafty, but thought we could make
these cuties, and even if they didn't turn out quite like hers, I figured the kids love projects and they seem simple enough. Unfortunately, I didn't have any orange tissue paper in my stash and neither did our local grocery store, so I was racking my brain for a plan b when Grace paraded through the door with 4 pieces of posterboard and announced that she needed help making campaign posters. I figured why not let everyone join in the
torture fun, and turned it into our FHE activity. It turned out to be a total hit and the kids were thrilled to be involved.....and I was thrilled that we were able to whip all four out in 15 minutes flat and I didn't have to stay up cutting and pasting.
I think it's safe to say that even if she doesn't win the election on Thursday, she is a winner in a few of these kids' eyes.
Added bonus for me: an impromptu photo shoot in the front yard where my girl who usually dodges the camera, had an incentive to actually cooperate.....
I'd have to say it was a succesfull, albeit unconventional, FHE.
Tonight's agenda: Write a campaign speech.
4 comments:
Oh, this brings back sweet memories!!
LOVE your little family!! :-)
She is so beautiful. I, too, remember doing those posters. How fun!
That looks like a great family home evening! Way to go!
Great posters and pix of Grace!
Post a Comment