Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nesting

Waaay back at the end of April, before the craziness of having the kids out of school for the summer, I took time for thinking about things like seasonal decorating and creating blog headers (not sure why the heck I labeled my header May 2010....did I seriously think I would be ambitious enough to make a new one every month?)
.....anyway, back to the decorating, I was ready for something springy and I had these sweet little birds that my great-grandma made that I wanted to use somewhere. So I printed up a little quote and framed it and I dug a nest out of one of my At Home America surplus boxes and set them out on the buffet in our entryway like so....

except every time I walked by it looked like this.....
Someone at our house obviously believes that these birds belong in their nest. Throughout the summer I have repeatedly set them back outside the nest, but they always make their way back in. I am not sure who is responsible, but it has made me smile.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Well of course these birds need to be in the nest to keep their eggs warm! Any mama bird knows that! You must have nurturing little future mamas living in your house...

Tracy said...

Too cute...:-)