Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bear Country

After we left the farm, we went down the road to Bear Country. I was totally kicking myself because I left my zoom lens at home, but luckily it was evening and the bears were really active and came up close to us.

As in licking the bugs off the front bumper close.....How about the BBQ sauce package on the dash? nice touch huh?
He didn't spend much time checking out the car behind us, it wasn't as tasty as ours, way too clean.
You'll have to pardon the window blurr in these, I had to roll the window down a little to take pictures and I was totally scared one of these beasts was going to eat my face off....it didn't help matters that Chris kept rolling it down further just to see me jump.


Maybe this is an albino buffalo? We weren't really sure.
This one was right next to the road.
He turned his head as we pulled up, I hurried and snapped a picture, then rolled up the window and squealed because he was so HUGE and I couldn't believe how scary he seemed to me....I shouldn't admit that, after all, my grandpa was a buffalo rancher and my mom was buffalo queen (really, she was...and she has a crown and trophy to prove it).
After the driving part at Bear Country, there is a visitors center and walking path where you can see all the babies up close. This bear was a total ham, he climbed to the top of the tree and kept striking poses, i probably ended up with 30 pics of him.

Lily and Tanner....
Grandma Carla and all the grandkids.....

No comments: