Monday, April 26, 2010

High Risk Occupation

Apparently, being a school teacher is risky business....because you could dodge a soccer ball at recess and hit heads with a little girl (yes, I said little girl...no worries though, she was just fine) and split your eye open far enough to warrant 6 stitches.

Luckily we can laugh about it because we have a super-skilled, super-generous friend who was willing to do a stitch job in his kitchen and save us a hefty doctor bill. THANK YOU FRIEND!!!

And even though we might be teasing Mr. Edwards just a little, we sure are glad to have him home. He decided to up and leave us for San Diego last week to attend a math conference. We sure missed him and have almost forgiven him for all the beach pics he kept sending us. ugh! We would have told you sooner, but, you know, we didn't want any crazy blog-stalkers knowing we were home alone.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Glad Mr. Edwards survived his risky job!! ;-) It's good to friends in the right occupation!!

The Leithead Family said...

Oh man! Are you sure that little girl is okay?? :) ha ha!

Unknown said...

How's that for a first year experience! That is definitely one for the books. I think Chris spent most of his trip very homesick! He talked about you and the kiddos all the time. It will probably be a long time before he'll leave again!

Unknown said...

I just had to laugh and give him a hard time for getting beat up by a little girl when I saw him today, too funny. That's what he gets for getting to go to a "conference" for a week, j/k:) I am glad he is okay!