Monday, December 19, 2011

Campaigning

Grace ran for student council vice president this year. She was in need of some suitable pictures for her campaign posters and she suggested that I take a few pictures of her. Needless to say, I jumped at the opportunity because willing subjects are rare around here. She was happily cooperative for me and my camera for approximately five minutes, but five minutes was all I needed.






We came up with a few different ideas for campaign slogans, but she settled on the same one we used last year when she ran for class rep. It must be a lucky one for her, she won the race for student council vice president and has had a great year so far.

Emma also ran for student council this year. She put together some fun posters, but lost the race for class representative by one vote.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Good for your girls! I love your new family photo-beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear about hat accident too. Glad that no one was seriously injured. Love you!

Elaine said...

I'd vote for your kids if I were in grade school!

Oh, wow, I'm so sorry about the accident! Not something you'd expect to happen where you live, I'm sure.

And yes, you should buy some plane tickets. We would love to see you. Steve says we're in a more "rural" area (for which I tease him endlessly, but for NY, it's kind of true), and there's some pretty cool stuff, some great antique shops, and some amazing burgers if you come out this way. (And us.) Miss you!