Our afternoon church time slot is killer....it runs right through nap time. Sundays are definitely not a day of rest at our house right now.
Sundays=Work....and lots of it.
I often wonder if it's really worth it, the whole getting everyone clean and ready and out the door, and all the wrestling and Ssshhhing once we get there, and the walking and bouncing in the hall, and the nursing in the smelly bathroom (seriously people, with 5 wards and who knows how many gazzilion babies, you'd think we could score a nursing room. The squeaky chair shoved in the corner of the ladies room just doesn't quite cut it.)
So, yes, there are times I wonder if it's all really worth it, but then there are moments when just for a nanosecond, I peer down our pew and all our littles are still and for a moment my heart swells and tears fill my eyes and I feel like the luckiest mama, and I don't mind that my shirt is scrunched and there is drool in my hair. I just feel lucky.
There are other moments too, like in the primary room when I look around and all the kids are singing about how glad they are when their daddies come home and they are so happy you can't help but smile....or when they are belting out "Follow the Prophet" and the spirit is so strong that some of the worries the world piles on seem small because you realize just how strong these little ones are and you know they will do great things.
So, I suppose there will come a time when Sundays will be a day of rest. When, I will sit in solitude and bask in the spirit of meetings and lessons without sticky fingers in my hair, or a head in my lap, or a wriggly baby scrunching up my clothes....but I can't help but wonder if I'll see young mamas in the hall and I'll long for these days back.
(And just so I don't forget, we sang my favorite song today in Sacrament meeting (I Stand All Amazed) and I stopped for a moment and listened to my girls and they were all singing...even Lily knew the words and for a moment there is nowhere else on earth I would have rather been.)



4 comments:
Yep! That about sums it up!!! Love it!
Thanks for sharing your "Tender Mercies"!! LOVE them!
There are times in my life now, when the entire family is home, there is no rest, not even on a Sunday. But, it is worth every tired headache!! :-)
I know both of those moments and thoughts you are talking about! Sometimes things get so crazy you think are they really learning anything or listening at all??
I love to hear the kids sing. I love to be in primary and some songs bring me to tears, every time!
You can always tell things in such a way.....I love your writing!
These little ones are just so sweet! Why do they have to grow up so fast! Love all of your pictures of your beautiful family, what kind of camera are you using now?
Post a Comment